I received many great suggestions and requests this week for recipes and cooking method preferences individuals have while traveling in an RV. This recipe is in response to a request by Bruno VandeKamp for some quick chocolate microwave desserts that can be prepared and baked in a microwave… especially when craving chocolate!
Here is the recipe I came up with and a also a way to have the dry ingredients readily available for an RV trip. These ingredients will store in your RV pantry.
Ingredients for preparing the dessert
Keep your interests and requests coming @ email@example.com I will work up recipes and post on the blog here and/or in the cookbook I have coming up.
The dry ingredients can be prepared in advance and placed in a container. Multiply the ingredients to the amount of dry ingredients for the recipe that you want to bring along for the camping trip. I will likely store in a zip top bag and multiply the dry ingredients x 8 – 10, just to have this dessert option available in the pantry. Write the name of the recipe with permanent marker on the outside of your storage zip top or write with permanent marker on tape placed on a sealable container. Remember to include the date (you prepared the dry ingredient batch) and a cop of the following recipe.
Picture of the finished dessert
Microwave Chocolate Cake
Makes 1 1/3 cups of cake Serves: 2
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbsp organic sugar (or regular)
1 tbsp dark sweetened chocolate, chucks or 2 squares of a small candy bar
1/4 cup canned evaporated milk or coconut milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 tsp solid at room temperature coconut oil
- Add liquid ingredients to a 2 cup glass measuring cup or microwave safe large mug.
- Heat liquid on high for 30 seconds then let the mixture rest while you prepare the dry ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet in the measuring cup or mug. Note: If you have pre-packaged the dry ingredients in multiple servings, then add 9 tbsp. to the liquid.
- Add a tbsp of chopped dark chocolate to the top middle of the batter in the cup.
- Heat the cake batter in the microwave on high power for 50 seconds.
- Let mixture cool for about 4 minutes as the cake below the surface is very hot.
A spoonful of goodness!
This finished dessert keep well, lightly covered at room temperature for a few days!