A major reason for the huge spike in Class B motorhome sales over the past year or so is the Mercedes Sprinter, a rugged and flexible van that offers RV makers all sorts of customization opportunities. Roadtrek Motorhomes is about to introduce a new full sized Sprinter model, joining its popular RS Adventurous and the new all-electric, solar powered eTrek.
For 2013, there’s a third model – the CS Adventurous… CS for Camping Series.
And what this new model does is offer up some new optional features that can also be added to the other two Roadtrek Sprinter models, just as some of the eTrek’s options can be mixed and matched on the RS and CS, like the solar panels and heavy duty battery array.
But the CS has some very innovative new features that immediately make it a standout:
- A redesigned galley with greatly expanded storage space
- A new seven cubic foot refrigerator/freezer, moved to the front, opposite the sliding door with the microwave mounted above
- Hideaway sink with flip up faucet
- Heated floors
- Heated bathroom
- A flip down wide screen TV located midcoach
- A heated sofa.rear bed and front captain's chairs
- Pull out, sliding rear table for laptops, etc
We got a sneak preview of the new CS during a recent tour of the Roadtrek factory in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada from Howard Stratton, Roadtrek’s Vice President.
The new Roadtrek CS will be introduced at some of the big RV shows starting with the Florida RV Supershow in Tampa in mid-January. Dealers will be able to take orders on Roadtrek Sprinter models that offer all its optional features by spring.