Our favorite RVing destinations are America’s National Parks. There are 59 of them, as well as 350 plus other “units” that make up the entire system, including monuments and seashores and preserves. Most charge admission entrance fees but for 2014, the parks service has announced nine days for which there will be no admission charged.
Here are the free dates:
- January 20: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 15-17: Presidents Day weekend
- April 19-20: National Park Week’s opening weekend
- August 25: National Park Service’s 98th birthday
- September 27: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
But if you are over 62, you can get admission for any park, any time, for $10. It’s a lifetime pass and it is the best $10 you can spend. Just show the pass at the gate and you are in. For those under 62, an annual pass is $80 – itself not a bad deal. Not when you consider all the National Parks system has to offer.
Our favorite National Park is Yellowstone, because of its sheer size and the diversity of wildlife.
What is your favorite national park and why?