Preparing this recipe in the convection oven of our rig tonight while camping in Glacier at Chewing Blackbones Campground while at a Gathering of RVs of all types!
Jennifer and Mike made a video of this and it will show all the step by step instructions. But here's the recipe.
I use the ingredients as a sauce and also as a salad dressing for the mixed green salad that will be nestled under the cooked chicken chutney.
This is an easy one dish meal!
Serves: 2 – 4
12 oz. jar of mango ginger chutney (Patak's)
2 – 3 tbsp. spicy brown mustard
1/2 cup olive oil (good quality) or vegetable oil (for salad dressing)
1-2 lb. raw boneless, skinless chicken breast, rinsed, dried and cubed
1 head romaine lettuce or mixed greens
salt and pepper to taste
optional: 1 cup sliced strawberries or apples.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup chutney and a tsp of spicy brown mustard.
- Add 1/2 cup oil, stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Set bowl aside.
- Spray a 1 1/2 qt. or other small casserole dish with baking spray.
- Add the remaining portion of chutney to the casserole.
- Add mustard to desired taste.
- Add raw cubed chicken, stir to combine.
- Preheat convection oven to 350 degrees.
- When convection reaches temperature, open the oven, place the chicken dish on the convection rack.
- Close the convection oven door and enter the cooking time as 1800 which indicates 38 minutes. Press start.
- Open the oven and check the chicken internal temperature with a probe thermometer.
- Add an additional few minutes if needed.
- The safe temperature for chicken is 165 degrees F.
- Place salad greens on a dinner plate or individual salad bowl(s). Add salad dressing as desired.
- Top each individual salad with 1/2 – 2/3 cup chicken chutney.
- Add sliced strawberries or apples if desired.