Homemade lemon bars taste so good and can be made easily in an 8″ x 8″ casserole dish in the convection oven of your RV. If you want to make up this recipe ahead of an RV trip the recipe can be doubled and baked in a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish.
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/8 cup flour
1/4 cup lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat convection oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine crust ingredients using freshly washed hands.
- Lightly grease an 8″ x 8″ casserole dish with butter then pat crust ingredients into the pan.
- Insert metal rack into the convection oven and bake crust for approximately 15 minutes or until crust is starting to lightly brown.
- Using pot holders, remove crust from the oven and place on the stove.
- Whisk filling ingredients together, pour over warm crust and return the lemon bar mixture to the convection oven, elevating the lemon bars on the metal convection oven rack.
- Bake the lemon bars for approximately 18 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Using pot holders, remove the 8″ x 8″ casserole dish from the convection oven and allow to cool on the stove-top.
- When the dish is cool to touch, sprinkle the lemon bars with powdered sugar and cut the bars into serving portions.