This week I have a whole bunch of tips. I call them Life Hacks for the RVer…. little things that can make a big difference. I have seven of them, life hacks I’ve either learned herself or been taught by others.
1) Want to quickly freshen up the inside of your RV? Maybe there’s a stale smell or it’s been sitting idle for a while? Tape a dryer sheet over the AC vents and turn it on for a few minutes.
2) We all have trash cans in our RVs. We also use a plastic bag in those trash receptacles. But sometimes, spills happen. Put old newspaper at the bottom of your trash can – inside the plastic bag – to absorb food juices that may spill.
3) When you are on the road, where do you keep your dirty laundry? Try keeping a bar of scented soap in the same compartment as your dirty laundry. It will help the clothes smell a lot cleaner than they are.
4) Here’s one we learned from some photo classes. When you are taking a photo of someone – or someone is taking a picture of you – your smile will look a lot more genuine if, instead of just smiling, you also squint your eyes. Try this. It really works!
5) Here’s one Mike learned. If you can’t find any ready kindling wood to start your campfire, use a handful of Doritos. Really. They burn just like kindling and can get a blaze going very fast.
6) Here’s a good tip about rewarming leftover pizza. To keep the crust from getting chewy when you warm it up in the microwave, put a little water in a glass and put it right in there on the carousel with the pizza.
7) When you are on the road and you buy some bananas, you usually need to buy a bunch of four or five of them. Then they all get ripe in a day or so and you end up throwing them away. Next time, wrap the stems where they all connect with plastic wrap. This will keep them fresh for a week or more. Then you just cut the bananas off as needed.