These little cookies are amazingly delicious… fragile but so good and No butter, No flour! I will experiment with these some more and post updates for sure.
Makes: 36 teaspoon sized cookies (and 1 is satisfying).
Preheat convection oven to 350 degrees
Baking time 9 – 11 minutes
1 3/4 cups uncooked steel cut oatmeal
1/2 cup plus 1 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
4 tbsp. palm coconut sugar
1 X-large egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup pecans
1 cup chocolate chips
8 – 10 oz. bittersweet or dark chocolate
pinch of salt
- In a Vitamox or food processor grind oats into flour on medium/ high speed, set aside.
- Combine palm sugar, egg and coconut oil that is still solid at room temperature in a mixer bowl.
- Blend ingredients together, then add remaining ingredients, mix on low until ingredients combine.
- Refrigerate dough for an hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop up a mounded teaspoon of batter at a time with a teaspoon or small cookie scoop.
- Place cookies onto parchment paper and gently press cookie flat with the back tines of a fork.
- Bake 9 – 11 minutes, remove from oven and let the cookies come to room temperature and firm up before moving them.
- If the cookies are really crumbly, place them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- To support the cookie structure, melt 8 – 10 oz. of dark chocolate in a bowl in the microwave for 1 minute, stir.
- Carefully dunk cookies one at a time into melted chocolate and invert the cookie onto the parchment paper.
- Freeze the cookies to harden the chocolate. Keep the snack cookies in the freezer except when sampling one!