These ingredients combine well and make a delicious Instant Pot meal.
Remember to use a minimum of 1 1/2 cups of liquid when using an Instant Pot regardless of the Instant Pot size, unless the cooking manual states otherwise.
1 whole chicken breast, boneless skinless, cut in 1″ cubes
2 1/2 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
1/4 red onion, diced finely
2 medium cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/3 tsp black pepper
1/3 tsp salt
2 cups no sodium organic chicken broth
2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup organic soy sauce
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 cup mung Chinese bean sprouts (garnish)
1 green onion, diced (garnish)
- With the Instant Pot open and the stainless steel bowl in place, plug in the Instant pot and select Saute.
- Pour oil into the bowl, after 1 minute add diced red onion and peeled minced ginger.
- Saute for a few minutes then add minced garlic.
- Sprinkle uncooked 1″ chicken pieces with cornstarch and toss chicken to combine.
- Add chicken to the pot. Sprinkle with cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Stir mixture intermittently and slowly add 1 cup of chicken broth over a few minutes as the chicken cooks on the saute mode for 8 minutes.
- Add rice, remaining 1 cup of chicken broth, orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Turn Instant Pot off using the warm button.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and turn the venting knob to the closed position.
- Select the manual setting. Set the time to 12 minutes on high pressure using the +/- buttons.
- The Instant Pot will pressurize over a few minutes then the digital display will show the count down starting the 12 minutes of high pressure cooking .
- Let the pot depressurize naturally.
- Garnish the chicken dish with chopped organic green onions and Chinese mung bean sprouts.
- If you prefer vegetarian, try substituting the chicken and chicken broth with artichoke hearts cut in half and vegetarian broth!